When a situation occurs that a new assessment needs to be created based on an older assessment, there is a way to easily copy an existing assessment template and then edit the template to create the new assessment. An important thing to note, you will need to create a copy of the assessment template. Don't make any changes to an existing assessment template that has previously been scheduled.
Please see the following steps.
- Login and access EnGauge.- Navigate to Manage Assessment Templates
- Locate the assessment template that needs changes and make a copy of the template. Please note, don't make changes to an existing assessment template that has already been used for existing scheduled assessments. To make a copy, click the gear icon to the right of the assessment template that you would like to copy and select - Copy.
- Re-name the assesment template name and click Copy.
- The copy will save and will be listed under the Assesment Templates menu. Now that there is a copy of the template, you have the ability to make changes.
- Open the new assessment template that was created.
- Make any changes/updates that are needed. An example of a change, a drop-down selection question the selections need to be updated.
- Access the question that needs to be updated.
- Go to the Choice tab located within the question.
- Make the necessary changes/ updates to the choice and click the Save button.
- Once all changes have been made to the template then you can proceed with creating the assessment and then assigning the assessment.