Once you have set up a basic process stage, you can configure the individual stages (depending on the requirements of each stage).
Here is a process in setup view:
The basic setup of stages includes, on the left-hand side:
Stage Name: Text field. Type the name of the stage here.
Stage Type: Drop-down selection. Select the stage type here.
Milestone text (optional): Text field. If you would like the assignee of the stage to see a specific name for this stage, be sure to add milestone text in this area.
Description: Text area. Describe the stage. NOTE: this description is not viewable unless this stage is selected as self-service.
Default to: Search field. You can select any person in the system (regardless of whether or not they are in a Group associated with the process) who will be automatically assigned to the stage when the process is set to In-Progress (either manually or automatically with Auto-Advance).
On the right-hand side:
- Required: Flag. Check this option if the stage is required. By checking ‘required,’ applicants cannot proceed to the next process stage until that stage is complete and all stage-level requirements have been satisfied.
- Auto Advance: Flag. By selecting this option at the stage level, applicants will automatically be moved to the next stage once they’ve completed a stage, which streamlines the process and keeps everyone in the loop as to what they’re responsible for next. Once this stage is marked Complete (either manually or from “Auto-Complete”), the system will automatically put the following stage “In Progress.”
- Auto Complete: Flag. Only applicable to specific stage types. Once the primary action for the stage has been completed (e.g. Form Submission, Instrument Scheduling), automatically mark the stage Complete.
- Allow Self-Service: Flag. This setting empowers end users to complete stages without staff involvement. This option allows the user responsible for completing the stage to view the complete details of the stage (such as instrument/assessment assignment, business objects, narrative text, etc.). Once they have completed the requirements of the stage, they can mark the stage as Complete.
- Allow Tasks: Flag. Check this setting to allow admin/staff to enter and assign individual tasks related to the stage. You can add tasks once a stage is In-Progress.
- Allow Document Uploads: Flag. Allows staff to upload and share documents, and allows the user completing the stage to upload and associate documents (even if the stage type is not a “Document Upload”).
- Allow Emails: Flag. Allows staff to send an email from the stage, and the email record is stored on the stage.
- Max: Used to auto-calculate due dates and determine when tasks are overdue (set to 1 month by default).
- Est.: Allow you to set estimated average completion time for reporting purposes.
Allow Access to: Search field. Select a group/groups of users that can be assigned to a stage.
Milestone Text: Shows up under Milestones, even for org/program reps
To learn how to configure specific stage types, please search the knowledge base for your desired keyword (audit stage type, confirmation stage type, etc.).