To set up your publications in ARMATURE Fabric, go to Setup > Publications.
From within the Publications menu, click the Publications tab:
To setup a publication document, click the blue plus (+) button and select Document.
In the view shown above, complete the following fields:
- Name: Text field. Name of publication.
- Display Name: Text field. Name of publication that will be displayed when associating to a process.
- Associated to: Drop-down selection. Area where data sources can be found
- Data Source: Drop-down selection. Select the data sources you would like to use to populate your document.
- Document: Document upload. Drag or click to upload a document to the publication. Note: The document you upload here needs to have been previously set up with the appropriate fields. Please see the next section, How to Set Up Your Word Document, to learn how to do this.
- Fields: This area displays the fields that are available for the document. The fields appear based on your selection of Data Source.
* Note, all the above fields are required.
Once you complete the fields and upload the document, click Save. Your new document will be listed within the Publications menu.
How to Set Up Your Word Document
To populate the document with your desired information, you must first set up a publication document in Microsoft Word with the appropriate data source fields. You can find the data source fields by clicking the blue plus (+) button and selecting Document. You will then need to select the Associated To… and Data Source fields in order to see the field names that are available (listed under Fields).
Each of these fields maps to a field in ARMATURE Fabric. When you insert the field name into a Word document, the Fabric data will generate once the publication document is associated and generated on a process stage. The way in which the field names are displayed is how the field must appear within the Word document.
To set up your Word document, open a blank Word document and enter the text in the way you want it to display in the final publication document. You will then need to add the data source fields to the document. Follow the instructions below to add these fields:
- Within the Insert menu, click Quick Parts
- Select Field
- Within the Field window, select Category – MailMerge
- Select MergeField within the Field Name selection field
- Copy and paste or enter the field name in Field Name field.
- If necessary, select the format.
The merge field will then appear within your document:
How to Set Up Email Publications
A publication email is created within the Publication setup. Once you associate your publication email to a process stage and assign it, the email can be generated with the dynamic fields and sent from ARMATURE Fabric.
Follow these steps to set up a publication email:
- Click the blue plus (+) button and select Email. Complete the following fields:
- Name: Text field. Name of email.
Display Name: Text field. Name of email that will be displayed when associating to a process.
Associated to..: Drop-down selection. Area where you can find data sources
Data Source: Drop-down selection. Select Data Source of the fields needed within the email
Displayed As: Text field. This is how your “From” address will appear
Subject: Text field. Subject line of email
Body: HTML editor. Body of email.
Fields: This area displays the fields available for the document. The fields appear based on your selection of Data Source.
* Required fields.
Insert data source fields into the email by dragging and dropping them into the email body. You can add the fields before, during, or after you enter the body of the email. The data sources appear lists under Fields once you select the appropriate data source.