To make it easy for you to report on the things that matter to you – without having to manipulate data sources – ARMATURE Fabric™ comes equipped with out-of-the-box report templates. These templates provide you with a solid foundation to create clean reports on a range of topics, and you can manipulate the templates to suit your needs.
The report template options are as follows:
- Instrument Response Report: Summary of Instrument Response basic information (status, % complete, open/close dates, etc.) across all Instrument types
- Self-Assessment Response Report: Summary of Instrument Response basic information (status, % complete, open/close date, etc.) across Self-Assessments
- Assessment Response Report: Summary of Instrument Response basic information (status, % complete, open/close date, etc.) across assessments
- Survey Response Report: Summary of Instrument Response basic information (status, % complete, open/close date, etc.) across Surveys
Instrument Response Reviews
- Active Reviews: Report of reviews that are in progress.
- Open Reviews: Report of Reviews that have not been started yet
- Review Report: Summary of basic Review Information
- Completed Reviews: Report of completed reviews
- Blackout Dates Report: Summary of Blackout Dates across all People in the system
- Conflict of Interest: Report of Conflict of Interest by Person
- Education History Report: Summary of Education History across all People in the system
- Group Member Report: Summary of basic information about Group membership
- Languages: Report of Languages by Person
- Skills: Report of Skills by Person
- Training History: Report of Training History by Person
- People Status & Contact Data: Template to support reporting and filtering on basic contact information including status (archived) and contact (phone, email, address) data across all People in the system
- Organization Active Decisions: Listing of Active Decisions against an Organization
- Organization Contacts Status & Contact Data: Template to support reporting and filtering on basic contact information including status (primary, trusted, archived) and contact (phone, email, address) data
- Organization Details and Status: Summary of basic organization and status information
- Organization Issues: A listing of all Organization Issues
- Organization Program Active Decisions: A listing of Active Decisions against an Organization Program
- Organization Program Contacts Status & Contact Data: Template to support reporting and filtering on basic contact information including status (primary, trusted, archived) and contact (phone, email, address) data
- Organization Program Issues: Report of Organization Program Issues
- Complaints: Report of complaints received
- Inquiries: Report of Inquiries received
- Issue Process Report: Summary of Issue Processes: status, % complete, current assignee information
- Process Report: Summary of Application Processes: status, % complete, current assignee information
To take advantage of the report templates, click on Reports in the main menu:
Click the blue + (plus) button to create a new report:
Select a report template from the list of available options:
Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Create Report:
Once you’ve clicked the Create Report button, you will be taken to the Edit Report screen. From here, you can modify the report template in a number of ways, as described below:
Name and Description: Name your report, enter a description, and select public or private.
Apply Filters: Apply filters using the drop-down options. Click +Add a Filter to create more filter rows. When you apply filters in the Edit Report screen and click Save, they will be saved with your report, so that everyone who views the report will see the filtered content. Set up your filters by making drop-down selections from the first two fields, and input your desired variable in the third field.
Public/Private: Select whether you want your report to be public or private. Public means that the report will be made available to anyone else in the system who has access to reports, while private means that the report will only be visible to you.
Add/Remove Columns: The template contains a small set of fields that we feel are most relevant to the report. By clicking Add/Remove Columns, you will be taken to a pop-up (shown below) that will allow you to select/de-select fields and change the title to refine the report further. NOTE: The Title Key and Translated Title fields only apply to translations; most users will not use these fields.
Change Column Order: Drag and drop the columns to re-order them. This is how the columns will display in your final report.
Filters work in different ways, depending upon where you are in the system. From the View Report screen, filters allow you to modify your view of the data, as shown below:
Click Refresh on the top right-hand side of the screen to clear your filters. The filters in View Report are display-only and do not alter the report in any way.
From the Edit Report screen, filters allow you to curate the report template to include only the fields that are important to you.
Make drop-down selections from the first two fields and input your desired variable in the third field. Click Save to view your filtered results. The filtered content will now be saved with the report and will display accordingly by anyone who accesses the report.
The reports available in ARMATURE Fabric are designed to serve your basic needs, but we recognize that you may want to run more sophisticated analytics on your data. That’s why we make it easy to export your report data as a .csv file – you can then import it into a more powerful reporting engine to conduct your analytics.
To export your report data, click Export on the top right-hand side of the report screen:
Your report will export as a .csv file.
The report templates in ARMATURE Fabric are constructed using core data sources. The data sources that are available for reporting are shown and listed below:
- CXM Group Member Info
- CXM Organization Contact Info
- CXM Organization Info
- CXM Organization Program Contact Info
- CXM Organization Program Info
- CXM Person Info
- CXM Person Team Data Info
- CXM Request Info
- Document Info
- Instrument Response Info
- Instrument Review Info
- Issue Info
- Process Info
Any data sources that you would like to report on that are not on this list will need to be handled as a custom implementation. More complex data sets, such as Instrument Responses, also need to be created as custom report templates.
If you don’t see what you need from the list of available templates, please reach out to ARMATURE at 703-674-5985 or email@example.com. Our team can work with you to create templates to suit your needs.